Cyber security company ECSC Group Ltd took the top honours at the Bradford Means Business Awards.
The awards presentations, run by Bradford’s daily newspaper, the Telegraph & Argus, took place in a glittering ceremony at the Aagrah Midpoint Suite in Thornbury.
The event showcased the best of the district’s businesses with awards in ten categories.
ECSC, based at Listerhills Science Park, in Bradford, took the award for Job Creator of the Year before going on to win the overall Winner of Winners Award, which is presented to the business – taken from the ten category winners – judged to have made the greatest contribution to business across the district in the previous 12 months.
The company’s CEO, Ian Mann, said: “We are very proud to have won these awards. There are 110 of us and each one is a winner.
“Cyber attacks are becoming more frequent and we are here to protect businesses of all sizes, from two or three employees to huge conglomerates, against them.”
ECSC was founded in 2000 and now operates in 25 countries and employs 110 people who protect its clients from cyber attacks. It floated on the AIM Market of the London Stock Exchange in December last year and in 17 years has progressed to achieve a turnover of £4.5 million.
Mr Mann said the company had almost doubled its workforce in six months and hoped to expand with a branch in Australia in the future.
Compere for the evening was Yorkshire Media Partners’ director Perry Austin-Clarke (pictured, above right, interviewing Ian Mann) who said: “We are here to celebrate business and especially business success in the Bradford district and I think we have a great deal to shout about in that regard.”
The full list of winners is:
- New Business of the Year – Edward Street Bakery
- Retail/Leisure or Hospitality Business of the Year – Casa Espresso
- Small or Medium Enterprise of the Year – Tong Garden Centre
- Manufacturer of the Year – Christeyns UK Ltd
- Job Creator of the Year – ECSC Group Limited
- Woman in Business – Janine Dutton, of Belle Lingerie Ltd
- Employer of the Year – Accent Group
- Apprentice of the Year – Kieran Heptonstall of NDW Ltd
- Business Personality of the Year – Nasser Malik, of Yorkshire Enterprise Network
- Business or Technical Innovation of the Year – Enable2
- Winner of Winners – ECSC Group Ltd
T&A editor Nigel Burton thanked Bradford Metropolitan District Council for sponsoring the event for the seventh year and Bradford Chamber for organising the judging.
Mr Burton also thanked the category awards sponsors: Regal Foods, Craven College, Bradford Chamber of Commerce, The Broadway, City Training Services, Keelham Farm Shop, JHE Recruitment, Provident Financial, BHP Accountants and Kirkgate Shopping Centre.
> You can find more details and a gallery of 65 pictures on the T&A website HERE…